Last Updated: August 5, 2019
Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
Registration. When you register for an account, we may ask for information such as your name and email address.
Your Data. Our Service allows you to run real-time, iterative queries and analysis of biomedical data sources. We collect any data sets that you submit to us so we can provide you with analyses. If you create an account, we may store the results of your queries so that you can utilize them in the future.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, if you email our support team, we will receive information such as your name, email address, the contents of your message, any attachments you may send to us, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Service
We may use this information, for example, to ensure that the Service functions properly, to understand the pages or other content you view and interact with, the searches you conduct, and the dates and times of your visits, or to prevent fraud. We use IP address to derive your approximate location. Our service providers also may collect and combine information about your online activities over time, on other devices, and on other websites, if those websites also use the same service providers.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We will not use the information we collect about your use of the Service for any purpose other than to provide the Service to you, and to improve, operate, and maintain the Service. More specifically, we use the information we collect:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative, informational, and marketing purposes. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and updates on promotions and events relating to our products and services.
- To contact you, in accordance with your choices or learning more about how our Service can help you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
How We Share the Information We Collect
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Service.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may transfer your information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
International Transfers of Data
Our Service is hosted in the United States. If you choose to use our Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with the storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Close Your Account or Pose a Question