VP of Sales
Tag.bio is the leading low-code data science platform for the rapid development of reusable and collaborative data products. We are leveraging our unique data mesh architecture to revolutionize data analysis in the healthcare and life sciences industry by solving the “last mile” problem between data and the subject matter experts who create radical value from that data. Our mission is to make it easier and faster for anyone to find answers in data.
We are an equal-opportunity team and strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including those who feel they may have some, but not all, of the skills or background mentioned here.
You will own sales into the pharmaceutical and life sciences market for Tag.bio. As a seed-stage startup, this means everything from developing the industry sales strategy, prioritizing target companies, developing prospects to build a pipeline, aligning the company for pursuits, and especially bringing deals to a final close. As the company grows, we expect you to help build the sales organization from its infancy. You will establish and nurture a positive culture, intelligent processes and a strong go-to-market organization.
In this role you will:
- Develop a keen understanding of the Tag.bio value proposition for the pharmaceutical and life sciences market.
- In conjunction with the Tag.bio leadership team, develop a sales strategy for the life sciences industry.
- Acquire and develop leads based on your own networking, customer referrals and other sources.
- Build a significant pipeline of opportunities to prepare the company for a series A investment.
- Align internal resources to ensure a smooth sales process.
- Navigate the procurement and negotiation process to close opportunities already in-flight.
- Expand deployments in existing customers.
- Help design a scalable sales process.
As business and funding allow, you will identify, recruit, on-board and manage talented sales professionals who execute on your strategy.
Your background, skills and outlook:
We are looking for you to have 10+ years of experience in a direct sales role selling into pharmaceutical and biotech organizations. Additionally, you should have some sales management experience, even of an informal nature.
- Consistently meet or exceed quota in your direct sales roles.
- Have a track record of developing green-field customers into substantial accounts
- Be comfortable working with a great deal of independence and without substantial pre-established sales processes
- Have a clear vision for what makes an effective sales process
- Be willing to advocate for that vision to other members team and Tag.bio leadership
We want someone recognized as a leader, who relishes collaboration with other team members—particularly those without a direct sales background—but who is comfortable working independently to identify target customers, build pipeline, and bring pursuits home.
You’ll have a pattern of over-achievement, great interpersonal skills and love and excel at establishing and fostering relationships. We want a natural communicator who has an engaging presentation style and writes crisply and concisely.
You are passionate about your customers and the life sciences industry and have a broad familiarity with important industry trends and topics. Areas of particular interest would include:
- Precision medicine
- Clinical trials data management and data analysis
- Translational oncology
- Usage of multi-omics data in the discovery process
- Data management strategies in large pharmaceutical companies
We don’t expect you to be an expert in any of these areas, but an understanding and the ability to speak credibly to how they are impacting the market, and what some of the key challenges they pose for customers is very valuable.
While the world is still operating virtually, once business travel resumes, this position will require time spent building relationships with key people at our customers and prospects, so you should expect to travel up to 60%.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock options
- Flexible work schedule
Get in touch:
If you’re interested, please email us at info[at]tag.bio with your resume and any other relevant information that you’d like to share. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please, NO contract firms or recruiters. We’re not at that stage right now.