Documentation Lead / Technical Writer
Tag.bio is looking for a Technical Writer to lead our developer documentation initiative.
Tag.bio is a data science platform that enables companies to rapidly develop reusable and collaborative data products. We are carving a new market in data mesh and revolutionizing data analysis in the healthcare and life sciences industries. Our data mesh enables companies to harmonize their decentralized data, and our data portal enables researchers and doctors to use self-service analysis apps to run iterative analyses. Our mission is to make it easier and faster for anyone to find answers in data.
As a Documentation Lead/Technical Writer, you will own an end-to-end documentation creation process, from ideation to publication. We are a small team, so the ability to wear multiple hats and be resourceful is crucial.
- Research, organize, and lead Tag.bio efforts around documentation and training materials for developers and end users
- Own the responsibility and process for completeness, quality and updates of documentation and training materials
- Understand the technical components and configurations of the Tag.bio platform
- Coordinate with Tag.bio developers to author/edit/update technical documentation and training materials
- Upload and maintain content in our documentation tool (we’re currently using document360.io)
- Assist with planning content for developer training videos
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability
- Ensure consistency in all training materials
- Assist with copy authoring/editing/leadership across other communication domains (e.g. product, website, press releases, white papers, peer-reviewed publications)
- Approximately 70% time will be spent designing/writing/editing copy, 30% time will be spent on collaboration/leadership
- 3+ years of experience authoring and organizing technical writing and documentation
- Proven working experience in technical writing (if you can, please send your writing samples, such as blog posts or articles)
A few other things we value:
- An agile, continuous improvement approach to everything you’re creating
- A helping, positive attitude, willing to jump in and learn new skills to tackle new challenges
- Thrive in a fast-paced, technology start-up environment
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock options
- Flexible work schedule
Get in touch:
If you’re interested, please email us at info [at] tag.bio with your resume and any other relevant information that you’d like to share. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please, NO contract firms or recruiters. We’re not at that stage right now.